There are so many products for sale to help us clean, sanitize and disinfect. Never before in human history have we had so many potions, lotions, and gadgets available to keep our environment sterile. In most public places, for example grocery stores, schools, or hospitals, “sanitation stations” fully equipped with hand sanitizers and wipes all in an effort to minimize the spread of germs and consequently diseases are clearly marked and well used. As modern medicine evolves, so has our understanding that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. But are you using the right cleaning products? Our last blog post titled “Do you know what to look for when purchasing a disinfectant” should help you make the right selection.
The floral industry too has evolved with time, and we have learned many things the hard way. We now have a much better understanding of how proper sanitation plays one of the most important role in increasing vase life or how the lack thereof can greatly impact it. Increased vase life has many benefits, none of the least being to save money. Ensuring your customer has an amazing experience is priceless. Happy customers are repeat customers, and that is worth a little extra elbow grease!
FloraLife has a range of cleaning products available that are appropriate for use from farm to consumer: FloraLife® DCD® and MicroBLOC®. Both meet the EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel Coronavirus. See EPA list N. Following these easy steps will provide clean conditions and long-lasting flowers:
- Sweep cooler and work area floors daily to rid them of leaves, petals or stems that may carry disease spores.
- Clean and sanitize cooler, work area, floors, walls, and shelves daily.
- Clean and sanitize sinks, design tables, knives, and clippers daily.
- Clean and sanitize buckets with clean water and professional cleaners with a residual effect such as the FloraLife® Cleaner Products.
- Use only clean and cool water for flower hydration, holding solutions and vase solutions.
- Use ONLY commercial hydration and flower food solutions as these include the proper ingredients.
- Mix fresh solution. Start with clean, freshly made hydration and holding solutions at grower, wholesale, and distribution centers. Use properly mixed commercial flower foods at retail stores and supermarkets.
- Be sure you and your team are sanitation fanatics! For best results there is no substitute for due diligence!
For more information, contact your FloraLife representative today!